학생들을 위한 guidebook 마련되어 있으니 공유해 주시기 바랍니다
I would like to highlight some important information regarding the programs.
1. Enclosed, please find the list of courses taught in English for Fall 2022. The final course list for Fall 2023 won’t be available until a month before the beginning of the fall semester (Late July ~ Early August of 2023). Since many of the courses in the Fall 2022 list will also be offered in Fall 2023, please have your students use it as a reference to plan their desired courses list. Your students may apply for any course except for those that have restrictions against other majors/departments.
For students who are proficient in Korean, they can search for courses offered in Korean here: https://kupis.konkuk.ac.kr/sugang/acd/cour/time/SeoulTimetableInfo.jsp
They must select 2nd semester of 2022 to preview what might be available in Fall 2023.
2. Classes are expected to be offered in a hybrid format (in-person + online). As of Spring 2022, Konkuk resumed in-person lectures with online portions (depending on the courses). However, this can change without notice according to the COVID-19 situation at that time. Our program will NOT be offered virtually, and students are required to be physically present at KU in order to participate.
3. No more quarantine/Negative test result is required South Korean Government lifted the regulations regarding the negative test result and mandatory quarantine for all foreigners entering Korea, so all the students don't need to take PCR tests before their flight or go through quarantine any more. However, they still need to conduct an arrival PCR test. They will need to go through a 7-day quarantine ONLY IF tested positive.
4. Starting from 1st March 2021, incoming students residing in Korea for more than 3 months are required to subscribe to the National Health Insurance (approximately KRW 50,000 a month) in addition to the overseas health insurance that they are required to purchase in their home country prior to coming to Korea. Payment method and other details will be provided after arrival. Student(s) who purchased insurance from their home country can apply for the exemption.
5. On-campus housing is offered for only one semester. We guarantee on-campus housing for all international students during their first semester, but if your students stay for two consecutive semesters, they must find off-campus housing for the second semester. However, there is no need for concern as we have volunteer students who are willing to help your students find off-campus housing for their second semester if needed.
6. The dormitory fee (Approx. KRW 2,000,000) must be paid by wire transfer prior to arrival in order to secure a room. Details will be provided to students who have applied for on-campus housing by email.
7. Please ensure that your students meet the minimum level of English or Korean proficiency. We do not ask for language test scores because we trust our partners. However, we found out that some students have difficulties communicating in English or Korean and thus have trouble taking classes. We would really appreciate it if you could confirm your students’ oral and written proficiency in either English or Korean.